The Program on Forests, PROFOR is pleased to announce an upcoming e-learning course on Forest Governance. Based on two PROFOR–FAO publications on forest governance, the course provides a framework for assessing forest governance and describes good assessment practices. In five modules, the course covers the following:
- What is forest governance?
- How do you write an overall plan for a governance assessment?
- How do you write a specific plan for data collection?
- How do you collect and analyze data?
- How do you achieve impact with your results and prepare for future work?
This course is free, however it is only available to the first 100 people who apply. Upon successful completion of the course participants will receive a certificate recognizing their accomplishment. The first session will be offered between January 12th and February 19th, with participants expect to spend roughly four hours a week in the course. The last date for application is December 28th, 2015.
For more details, please visit the course website.