LANDac Annual International Conference 2016, organized by the Netherlands Academy on Land Governance (LANDac), will be held 30 June- 1 July, Utrecht,in the Netherlands.
This year's theme is Large-scale land acquisition in the context of urban sprawl and climate change: Linking the Rural and the Urban
The conference will focus on the following types of ‘urban land grabbing’
- Intra-city dynamics: urban renewal and the emptying of space
- Dynamics in the peri-urban sphere: displacement and compensation
- Urbanisation effects in the rural sphere – emerging cities
- Large scale investments in (urban) infrastructure
- Mega-infrastructure, rising sea levels and land subsidence
- Food security and related issues
Abstract submission by February 15, 2016.