The objective of the 1st International Agrobiodiversity Congress (IAC) is to provide a platform to all the stakeholders engaged in genetic resource conservation and management to deliberate on thematic issues of global importance, with major emphasis on rational and effective use of agrobiodiversity for food, nutrition and environmental security. The organizers are pleased to invite scientists, students, farmers, as well as representatives from government, non-government organizations and industry to share their research experiences for sustainable management and utilization of agrobiodiversity.
The IAC 2016 is being organized by the Indian Society of Plant Genetic Resources (ISPGR) and Bioversity International, in collaboration with Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers' Right Authority (PPV&FRA) (Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers' Welfare), National Biodiversity Authority (Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change), Trust for Advancement of Agricultural Science (TAAS), National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) and Global Crop Diversity Trust (GCDT).
Conference Themes are
1. Agrobiodiversity for Food, Nutrition and Ecosystem Services
2. Agrobiodiversity for Adaptation and Mitigation of Climate Change
3. Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS) and Farmers' Rights
4. Quarantine, Biosafety and Biosecurity Issues
5. Conservation Strategies and Methodologies
6. Science-led Innovation for Agrobiodiversity Management and Sustainable Use
7. Capacity Building and Strengthening Partnerships
Deadline for abstract submissions May 31, 2016