Global Land Tool Network is seeking two land experts to support the coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the country level work, focusing on priority countries in Africa. These posts are located in the GLTN Unit of the UN-Habitat, in Nairobi.
- Initiate and provide substantive advice and guidance on the implementation of assigned projects and initiatives towards strengthening and scaling-up policies, tools and approaches for securing land and natural resources tenure.
- Ensure strengthening of the collective knowledge base on land and natural resources tenure security by initiating and disseminating action research activities, policy dialogues, learning exchanges and multi-stakeholder meetings.
- Through research and consultation with strategic partners, identify appropriate tools, approaches and capacity development initiatives suitable for project implementation and for possible adoption and application at country level and coordinate and support its piloting and implementation.
- Ensure, effective and timely execution of the assigned projects and activities by coordinating the delivery of project outputs and activities, strengthening the strategic partnerships and linkages, providing substantive inputs and guidance in project activities.
- Provide oversight and quality assurance to documentation, reporting and dissemination of lessons learned, experiences and opportunities for growth and scaling up of field or country level projects and interventions related to improving land and natural resources tenure security.
- Maintain and strengthen partnerships with strategic partners, regional and country level partners towards a more effective and partnership-driven approach to improve tenure security of the poor and vulnerable groups.
- Provide guidance and substantive inputs to and support to project-related missions, meetings and conferences including on learning and capacity development initiatives.
- Perform other duties as necessary as required.
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in land administration and management, social sciences or related area and a minimum of seven years of experience in land and natural management and tenure security in developing world.Experience in programme management and coordination, knowledge management, tool and capacity development and partnership building is desirable.
Deadline for applications is September 16, 2016.