The Postgraduate Diploma in Poverty, Land and Agrarian Studies is a unique programme offered by PLAAS at the University of the Western Cape. It is the only programme in the land and agrarian studies field at a South African university, accredited at NQF level 8. It offers:
- internationally recognised lecturers with established expertise in poverty, land and agrarian studies;
- a solid grasp of key concepts in poverty, land, agrarian reform, ecosystem and climate change;
- critical engagement with land and related policies in Southern Africa and interventions in students’ professional contexts;
- two convenient three-week teaching blocks per year;
- and a relevant, respected, recognised career-enhancing qualification.
The Postgraduate Diploma is designed for passionate and committed working professionals such as policymakers, planners, managers and fieldworkers. It will benefit those working in government departments, local government bodies, NGOs, private sector companies and consultancies.
For more information, please visit PLAAS website.
Deadline for applications October 31, 2016